Mental Health & Well-being
Wellness Exchange is a series of workshops that teach skills to help individuals cope with stress and adversity while promoting positive mental health and well-being.
The Wellness Exchange aims to help individuals increase effective coping, communication, self-advocacy, and basic life skills through an action-oriented approach.
Wellness Exchange is modelled on the core principles of Skills for Psychological Recovery (SPR), developed by the National Centre for PTSD based in the United States.
- To provide practical tools and skills.
- To provide an accessible and flexible program.
- To improve the overall health of the population.
- To join individuals in a group setting to share experiences, positive strategies and increase mental wellness.
Wellness Exchange Modules
Effective problem-solving helps us address the entire situation and influence what we can; it can also increase our confidence in the decisions that we make.
Positive activities provide us with opportunities for enjoyment, they can help us connect to ourselves and can improve our mood, increase our sense of control over our lives, and create hope.
Physical and emotional reactions happen as a response to life’s stressors. Having the confidence to manage our emotions effectively is essential to:
- Help protect our well-being.
- Maintain our healthy connections.
- Make effective decisions
- Respond in healthy ways.
Our thoughts have an impact on how we see the world, how we feel and how we behave. Shifting our unhelpful patterns to include helpful thinking is vital to:
- Help increase our confidence in coping with stressors.
- Improve our mood.
- Reduce the intensity of our reactions.
- Social support and connecting with others help us feel a sense of belonging and reduces the feelings of isolation that can occur when stressors increase.
- Maintaining healthy connections helps meet our emotional and practical needs and helps us feel reassured, understood, needed and wanted.
- Building healthy social connections helps increase our confidence, overall effectiveness, and flexibility when handling life-changing events and problems.