Tough Enough to Talk About It Safer Workplaces Seminar
Every year, 1 in 5 Canadians will experience a mental health problem. Workplaces are impacted, as mental health claims are the fastest growing category of disability costs. Depression, anxiety and burnout are the three most common sources of mental distress leading to disability claims.
Tough enough To Talk About It offers one-day seminars intended for employees in leadership positions. This seminar provides employees with hands-on skills to identify and safely respond to employees experiencing mental health concerns.
The Tough Enough seminar incorporates key standards from CSA-Z1003 Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace. Participants will develop risk management skills, gain tools to promote psychological well-being, and improve the overall health and safety culture of their workplace.
In 2017, Safer Workplaces is scheduled to run on: November 3
Arrangements can be made for the Safer Workplaces Seminar to be delivered on site at your place of business. Please contact us to discuss pricing options.
The goal of Safer Workplaces is to provide business owners, managers, safety officers or HR specialists – people who are in leadership positions – with greater understanding of the hazards of mental health issues in the workplace. By completing this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Better understand how to recognize when an employee may be struggling with a mental health issue;
- Know what help is available through employee health plans, and public and private health care;
- Know what to say and do to address such an issue;
- Recognize that psychological hazards can be identified and managed using risk assessment tools already available and understood in the workplace;
- Be comfortable applying such a psychological risk assessment tool to their own workplace;
- Recognize the value of promoting a workplace culture which is comfortable discussing mental health.