Board Member Opportunity Available!
Board Member Opportunities Available
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre (SPRC) is seeking two Board Members who will serve on our governance board and assist SPRC to achieve its vision of reducing suicide, suicidal behaviour, and their effects.The Organization:
The Centre is a registered charitable organization that provides services and programming, public education, training and post-suicide services.
This is an opportunity to advocate for mental wellness and to make a difference in our community. This role includes:
- A commitment to a 2-year term
- 9-10 board meetings per year plus 1 planning meeting and annual general meeting (generally no meetings in July or August)
- Board meetings at 5.30 p.m. on the 2nd Wednesday of the month
- Providing input, advice and guidance to the direction of SPRC
- Participating fully in decision making activities
- Raising the awareness of SPRC in the community
- Building relationships with possible donors or community members
- An understanding of our community and a passion for our cause.
- Suicide awareness and knowledge.
- Financial and/or business experience an asset
- Previous Governance experience an asset
How to Apply: