Hear, Empower, Acknowledge, Respond
The one-day HEAR Workshop will empower the individual to identify suicidal behaviour and offer first hand help, support, and referral. The HEAR workshop is similar to Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training, but is not accredited and may be more suitable for non-professional and non-clinical application.
- To understand depression and its relation to suicide.
- To introduce a crisis intervention model and practise its use in suicide intervention.
- To increase confidence to interact with a person in crisis.
- To increase the knowledge of and ability to access resources.
- To recognise the importance of and need for self care.