Board Member Opportunities Available
The Resource Centre for Suicide Prevention is led by a volunteer Board of Directors. Our directors come from various professions and backgrounds to bring a wealth of experience, knowledge and skills. These directors dedicate their time and their expertise to carry forward the work of the organization.
Are you passionate about your community? Are you interested in mental health and suicide prevention? The Resource Centre for Suicide Prevention Board is seeking self-motivated individuals that live in the city or county of Grande Prairie to join our Volunteer Board of Directors.The Organization:
The Centre is a registered charitable organization that provides services and programming, public education, training and post-suicide services.
This is an opportunity to advocate for mental wellness and to make a difference in our community. This role includes:
- A commitment to a 2-year term
- 9-10 board meetings per year plus 1 planning meeting and annual general meeting (generally no meetings in July or August)
- Board meetings at 5.30 p.m. on the 2nd Wednesday of the month
- Providing input, advice and guidance to the direction of SPRC
- Participating fully in decision making activities
- Raising the awareness of SPRC in the community
- Building relationships with possible donors or community members
- An understanding of our community and a passion for our cause.
- Suicide awareness and knowledge.
- Financial and/or business experience an asset
- Previous Governance experience an asset
How to Apply: